View Single Post
Old 09-06-2012, 06:27 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
soberjim

Morning Klia...Tough way to start the day. I hope you are ready to quit, cause if you read posts here you probably have a good idea where it is going!

I have been here since last November. Have read many posts and have been struggling with moderation ( not really working) and accepting that I have a problem.

It is comfort isn't it.(not exactly a hug from my Monther, but I know what you mean).But that is what the addict wants you to think, to feel. I am having a hard time re shaping my life with out alcohol. It is difficult. But I do believe the negatives are getting to the point where I have to much to lose. That is my motivation. I don't know where yours will come from, but I do believe you can find it.

The fact that you are here posting tells me the negative aspects of drinking finally have you at the point where you examining the impacts of quiting. (How long to you want to go to work hung over...awful!).

Keep posting..reading..examing what it is you feel alcohol is giving you (if anything) against what it is taking away from your job, finances, family, and most importantly you as a person.

Just my thoughs. Best Wishes.

Jim