View Single Post
Old 09-05-2012, 07:44 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Songtx

Yes, Thank you Amiral. I think that I haven't broken down and had a drink because I know that it is a slippery slope and I will end up right where I was 3 months ago, and the other 2 months before that when I quit. Fortunately, smoking pot just isn't effecting me the way it use to, I really have no explanation as to why. Maybe because I don't really want to do it in the first place, like a psychological block.

In regards to talking to my husband, I have done this both calmly and in an angry rage. He does alright for a bit, and has good intentions, but he always winds up (surprise) going on a binge every 3 or 4 days. I guess the "binges" have just become more often since our friend is around. I suppose he is a trigger for my husband as well. Last night I just ended up eating dinner alone, (because they were outside drinking) and then doing my own thing, since hanging out all night really has no appeal for me anymore. I have a therapist now, and see her today so i will talk about it. I'm just proud of myself that I didn't drink this past week.