Thread: I lost it today
View Single Post
Old 09-04-2012, 04:48 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
mdh0723

Thank you all so much ~ I am so grateful to have a place I can come to where I know, no matter what, that I'm cared for and completely understood.

PohsFriend - what you wrote WAS comforting - thank you

In the end, after I sent my rants, I did end with a message that said this:

As hurt and angry as I am right now, please know that I have always believed in you. I do NOT think who you are today is who you would be sober. Maybe I'm an idiot and you are in fact just a jerk, but my heart tells me otherwise. I pray that one day you find sobriety. Though it's easy to blame others for your drinking (you tried to blame me many, many times) no one is to blame. It's your baggage -- you packed it -- you carry it -- hopefully one day you will loosen your load and unpack your junk. This whole thing sucks, even if it is for the best.

I do wish him the best ...and yes, I will be going NC. No need to continue the insanity any longer. Endured enough of that already.

And now for something that could only be a God thing!! Last week I ordered a Philadelphia Phillies t-shirt from Old Navy (Although I don't live there now, it's where I grew up). The package arrived today and I opened it not long after my rants. The t-shirt is super cute ... and on the back (unbeknownst to me that there was even anything on the back) it said: 'GREAT CATCH'. hehe - I think so too.