View Single Post
Old 09-04-2012, 12:41 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
john44

Originally Posted by bmwcycle View Post
Was driving back from the shore with the wife and kids last night and we were all thinking about what a great summer we had. My kids were so happy that we did so many things together, rather than us pawning them off on someone so we could drink.

Went fishing a bunch, caught my nine year old son his first Mahi and tuna. Played hoops more than I had any other summer before and wasn't stinking like day old booze. Saw some great concerts, hung with some great friends and made many new ones. My wife has thanked me many times and our life together has never been better, more open and trusting.

I could not fathom two years ago living life the way I am now when I was under the chains of alcohol abuse that ruled my world. But I can now. It is so worth it!!

There is no way to make up for lost time with my family and life other than making new memories of good quality time. I am a better father and person now. Was even able to laugh at stories about the "old" me, without cringing, wasn't proud but was will to accept how I was and I did do some funny sh*t...

Anyway I have not been posting much lately but want to say hi and that I am doing great, and thanks to all here I could not have started or maintained my new life without this board and all you wonderful people,

Wishing everyone well...
Thank you so much for your message of hope and happiness. At 2 months sober and with a burning desire to stay that way, your post gives me a good measure of encouragement and hope for the future.