Old 09-03-2012, 09:32 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
farfaraway

"The value you put on the lost will be determined by the sacrifice you are willing to make to seek them until they are found."
I don't buy it. If this is to be some sort of metaphor for addiction, then I thought they should not be sought after... the lost must find themselves. I don't view it as insulting, but perhaps misguided. Unless the quote doesn't have anything to do with the addict at all. Maybe it's about the person who loves the addict, looking for and recovering the self. And perhaps sacrificing the relationship with the addict....

How much have you sacrificed for the sake of your addicted loved one?

My addict in my life is my sister. And while I gave her nothing willingly, her addiction has cost me a healthy relationship with her, her future child and my parents. The ability to feel deeply. Basically my emotions in general always had to be squelched as a kid because I didn't want to cause trouble, and now I have trouble as an adult to express myself. I also used to be a super motivated overachiever, and somewhere along the way I lost my will to achieve. It really seemed like there was no point.

Are you willing to sacrifice more?
Hell no!

Has your "sacrifice" helped your loved one find recovery?

Of course not. I'm selfish and cold hearted because I don't talk to her and I don't send her money. And I warn our other relatives not to send her money either.