View Single Post
Old 09-02-2012, 11:48 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
owathu

Originally Posted by Learn2Live View Post
You're not yet divorced, yet you are dating and falling in love with someone else? That should be a clue to you that you really need to work on you, otherwise you are just going to end up right back where you started.
I have to agree. You are putting a bandaid on a gaping wound.

Android, you and I are in very similar situations (except I am a woman with a cheating A husband) and the last thing I am thinking about right now is attraction to someone else.

In fact, I do have a male co-worker and we are best buddies at the office. He recently went through a breakup and we do have conversations about both of our situations, but there is nothing on this god's green earth that could make me attracted to him in that way. I think you are stuffing down your pain and trying to avoid actually feeling the pain and healing from it. By crushing on someone else, you deny yourself true healing. The pain really really sucks, but you have to go through it. In addition, this woman is in another relationship. As someone who has been cheated on yourself, could you be that insensitive to the feelings of someone else?

Concentrate on yourself, and what makes you happy inside, with yourself. Not on something outside yourself that gives you the semblance of happiness. Good for you for having the courage to post this and get some outside perspective. Something inside you wants to do the right thing and find happiness from within.