View Single Post
Old 09-01-2012, 11:02 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
MesoFreak

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Noone needs to hide in a cave Meso - but I look as the early days of recovery like weight training or something...noone goes in and lifts their body weight right off...you work up to it.

My advice, to you and everyone, is to be a bit clever about the invitations you accept...there's some places and events we simply don't need to be in early recovery...

and always have a plan and an escape route for the things you do go too.

I found in the past too much putting your head in the lions mouth can get it bitten clean off....

play it cool - at least for a while...don't overestimate yourself or underestimate the task ahead

D
Very wise words! Your absolutely right about me trying to go hard to fast. I will avoid parties, bars, and night clubs for the time being. But I still want to put myself in enough situations where I can say no and feel comfortable doing so. The more I say no where its not to difficult the easier it will be to say no in hard situations. In my early stages I will find that fine balance of increase those hard situations to the easy ones. Especially because failure is not an option at the early stages for self-respect and confidence issues. If I fail early on, I will beat myself up for failing, and starting over.

Today was even easier than I thought it would be . I did come back with a bottle of wine from the place, but I wont drink it. I couldn't replace it, and my gf doesn't drink, and I just started not drinking so they said we could take it home.

Had a great time not drinking today. It was hard over dinner. After dinner I had a bit of headache and was feeling claustrophobic; I think maybe because I didn't drink. We went to the observatory for the first time and I enjoyed it! It makes me want to learn more about space, but alas time is against me in learning everything I want to in this world... I guess it doesn't hurt to try