Old 09-01-2012, 08:50 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
YearForMe

After taking many collect calls from my daughter after she has been arrested and consequently forced to come down from meth......I now have a new rule for myself.

I accept no calls for the first 30 days. She is welcome to write me a letter if she wants.
The jail provides 2 stamped envelopes and paper/pencil per week. (not sure about your area tho).

I also won't put money on the books for her to spew her toxic venom on someone else.
If they are unwise enough to accept her collect call...that's their biz.

I always breathed a huge sigh of relief that I knew where she was, that she was alive, her basic needs are being met....and now there is a forced detox with time for her to really THINK. I can't and won't get in the way of that by providing her a stage to perform on via the phone line. She can't help herself when she is in that nasty detox time frame and neither can your son.

You are NOT....repeat NOT a bad mother. You are actually a GREAT mom for allowing him to feel the full force of his actions.

My heart goes out to you. You and your son will be in my prayers.
Please know that jail will not kill him. It is the very best place for him to be right now.

TRUST the process mama.