View Single Post
Old 09-01-2012, 02:46 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Nickidt1

At this point he is in jail I believe for a while, he is facing up to 5 yrs. I believed he was clean when he went in, I hope his gets 11 29 that way when he gets out and goes to meeting the active part of his addiction will be gone. I know he wants to be clean, his words mean nothing at this point but he has spent time in detox and rehab. He would have went back last time to a rehab but he could not get in, if you do not have large amounts of money they make you wait sometimes for months before they let you in. If he gets out in the next few months which is doubtful but anything is possible, he will have to be active in a program for me to allow him here. I do not want my son to think that a man can sit at home while his wife works 2 jobs. My son is very smart and does not need a rollercoaster life. I have always said I would not give up on him if he is trying and I mean truly trying not just talking the talk he needs to walk the walk. I want to be there because I know he is sick but if he is not willing to swallow his pride and realize he cannot do it alone then he does not need to be here. He claims he quit drinking, he quit cocaine so he can quit this to but I keep saying he has not quit anything he has substituted one addiction for another and if he doesnt get the treatment he needs he will just have a different addiction. Everyone has been so helpful and I appreciate everyone of you for your honest words. I just want my son to be happy. I have worried that if he gets out too soon he will screw up again, I almost wish I could talk to the judge. The other thing I have considered is reporting my stolen property to the police and since he pawned it, he would get charges added but I am just not that vandictive no matter how much he has taken from me.