View Single Post
Old 09-01-2012, 01:08 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
MesoFreak

Went out with the gf and it was tempting

We went out to this burger joint by our neighborhood that was pretty amazing. But for me that time was also time for a beer with food... It tugged at me for a bit but I stood my ground.

I also found out tomorrow is the night we are going to dinner at an Italian restaurant that we purchased includes: dinner, desert, and a bottle of wine... wth, hahaha its all good. I see it as practice to say NO!

I can't hide under a cave. The world is to beautiful and filled with great food, great people, great parties, and great events. Every time I say no to alcohol when its in front of my face, the more I get stronger at saying no. Yes I am still fresh but running the other way wont help me practice for when the pressure of other people come my way. I have to be able to tell myself no, then no one can penetrate my no barrier. They will try, they will try like hell to break that barrier. I have done it before and I can do it again.

Sober weekend! ... on that note, I noticed many of my pictures/memories involve me with a drink in hand. I am going to change that starting tomorrow. I want pictures of me having a great time without it Maybe I will take my female out dancing after.

You know it was a trip, when I went to some bar in Arizona one time, the bar tender did not drink??? Wtf, true story. He takes straw-sips to make sure they taste decent, but he wont drink, I liked and respected him for that. That place gave me the best food and my favorite... former favorite drink; was the most unique concoction I had.

That was a good memory, and drinking was a part of me, but now I want to have great memories without booze. I am on a mission to do that!

Enjoy a sober weekend SR peps.