View Single Post
Old 08-31-2012, 04:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Nickidt1

I don't know whats Right

I have been married for 8 years now, I have a 6 year old son and a step son. About 3 1/2 years ago My husband started giving less and less money towards bills. He still worked the same but now he had nothing to contribute, there was always a reason. That is when I found out he was addicted to pain pills. He started stealing money I kept hidden, large amounts, and I threw him out. For the next few days he would drop money off at the house for me and said he was going into rehab. Then he went to jail, I like a dummy bailed him out since he was taking steps in the right direction. He was gone for a total of 101 days. I let him back home, things were fine for a short while although he still was not working. Then he fell back again, he went to detox around 3 seperate occasions but not back to rehab, he could not get in. I thought since the last time around a month ago that he was clean. He was arrest two weeks ago for driving on a suspended and since he was on probation they picked him up for VOP. He has been in jail a week and a half. I found out that on top of ALL of my jewelery including stuff that special people have bought for me over the past 20 years, the money he stole from me and my son's piggy bank. The cigarettes he helps himself to, all of the business equipment he has sold not to mention thing I don't know about, my brand new weed eater was missing when I went to mow. When he called me a few days ago I asked about the weed eater he just said sorry. I told him that he needs to come clean about everything instead of just letting me find little by little because each time is like day one. He told me about my pool cues, $1200 worth. I was furious and went to the pawn shop, when I got there he owed 3 times what he told me and I found out he had pawned his sons dirt bike and his IPod just a week prior to him getting arrested. Now this is the time I "thought" he was clean. I do not know what is best for my son. Aside from the lies and the stealing, the fact that he makes no money and when he does he spends it on pills, he is a great guy. He is the type to make me dinner, rub my back, my feet, open doors for me etc. But I do not want to be stolen from or used. I know if I did not have my son I would have been gone from the beginning but, is it fair to take his dad away over money? Help me I do not know what is right and what is wrong. By the way I have been taking care of all four of us for 3 years now, I work 2 jobs and full time student, I do not need him but, does my son?