Old 08-31-2012, 03:42 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Tuffgirl

Congrats on moving forward and getting off the crazy train ride. You asked a great question of us here.

I have far less stress. Less health problems. And less drama! ; )

But I know that I am in a dark place right now - and have plenty of recovery left for me ahead. I can't fathom trusting a man right now. I am protective of my space and my family; I can't imagine anyone near my kids again. And they are teenagers, not little ones! But still...I struggle with the guilt of exposing them to this craziness and instability...and it may be possible there will be no significant relationship for me until my youngest has moved on to her own life.

But I am happy, and enjoying my free time to learn new things - especially fixing up my little house that is slowly transforming from 1984 to 2012. It feels great to tackle things I've never done before and be successful at it. I have two rowdy dogs that keep me in line and on schedule. And my career is flourishing. It's nice to come home to peace in the house. The only eggshells I walk on these days are those I drop on the floor when making breakfast for a houseful of teenagers. Oh yeah - I have a houseful of teenagers...I had missed that...the kids having their friends over...

I am lonely sometimes, especially when I have great news and no one to tell. I miss sex and intimacy too. I miss having someone to share my life with. But not enough yet to put myself out there. All in good time.

Best of luck to you on your journey. Take good care,
~T