View Single Post
Old 08-31-2012, 01:49 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Impurrfect

I think writing a journal then burning it is an excellent idea. I just wanted to let you know something I heard today. I volunteer at a senior center, serving lunch, and I get to eat REALLY good food afterwards. I often sit with seniors and have made some friends.

One of the guys I've gotten to know told me, today, that his son committed suicide years ago. He said "I don't think I will ever get over it" and I told him I didn't think a person COULD totally get over that...they had argued shortly before. He said "let me rephrase that...I've had to learn a new "normal".

He's not an A, his son wasn't either but he had serious mental health issues. What he said, though, sunk in. My "normal" is nothing like it was before my mom, my uncle, my XABF#3 died. It takes time, but I no longer feel like the crazy woman when I speak to my lost loved ones. My mom was a butterfly fanatic. I was driving home, today, a yellow butterfly went by my car and I said "hey mom!!". Crazy? I don't think so. We find what gets us through the hard times and we go with it.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy