View Single Post
Old 08-31-2012, 07:17 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Fandy

I just want you to know that I could have written your post in February 2010.

there are lots of women here who have conquered very similar issues. Booze will rob you of family and friendships.

Take a deep breath at 4PM and get out of your head, do something completely out of way of the first drink. that being said, it's a holiday weekend....most doctor's offices will be out the door by 3PM here in my area anyway. make an appointment today if you can for first thing Tuesday. be honest with the doc. about how much you drink, they aren't there to judge you, but to help you detox. it will take some time (depending on how much you consume) for the alcohol to get out of your system.

keep posting and reading, we're here a24/7. it's not anyone's intention to force a structured program down your throat, but you can learn from their experiences.

I'm very grateful to be out of that black pit, i practice daily gratitude and my meditation is thinking how great it is to be sober every morning. (i'm not AA or a formal program, except connecting with people here and other sites on a daily basis). i've been sober about 15 months.