View Single Post
Old 08-31-2012, 06:33 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
sophiamarie2007

That is something you need to discuss with your doctor. My doctor took me off cold turkey-it's in the package insert that combining the two can definitely increase the likelihood of seizures.High doses of Ultram can also cause seizures. (I had one grand mal while using high dosses of Ultram)

I can tell you that it can be done. You have to accept that you will feel bad for a while. I really wasn't sick for more than a week-but I felt "flat" for some time. I gradually started exercising again-and now about 90% back in my energy level.-It didn't happen overnight and I was prepared for this. In the past that "flat" feeling is what always made me relapse and go back to using. Once I committed to it and accepted that I would feel this way for a while-but not forever-it made it easier. Look at it that your mind and body is getting stronger everyday. You almost have to retrain your brain into functioning without the pills.-I did Rational Recovery-just online. I looked at my addictive voice as the "beast" as they call it and was aware when the "beast" was talking to me. Everyone does recovery different, and what works for one person may not work for another.-You have to be able to make it fit into your lifestyle and life. NA didn't work for me, I am a single Mom with three young kids-I couldn't commit to going to meetings everyday.-But I read everyday, came on here and prayed. I also went back to work full time (after about 2 months of detox..I still didn't feel that great-but I could make it all day. This really helped retrain my brain into getting into a whole new routine)-At almost 9 months now, I no longer think about pills daily. I know I am an addict-and guard myself from comprosing situations (Ironically my job is a Substance Abuse Prevention Coordinator for eight counties in the state) I don't discuss my addiction at work, but keep involved in drug prevention.

Good luck-Keep posting on here. It was a lifeline for me, especially in the beginning. I promise it can be done. I had started taking Ultram in 1998-So I had really damaged my brain and I recovered.