View Single Post
Old 08-30-2012, 09:15 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
lovetosail

Wow... this really hit home for me, Rakkadoc. I was CRAZY addicted to tramadol for over a decade. Went through a 30 day treatment program about 8 years ago only to relapse about 3 months later. Then 4 years ago I went through UROD...rapid detox. Spent a fortune to get off the stuff. Relapsed again 6 months later. I've been on tons of different opiates over the past 20 years, but none have kicked my --- like tramadol. It was much harder for me to get kick than vicodin, perks, and codeine. Please don't beat yourself up over this cuz it's extremely hard to get off of.

I'm really worried about the extremely large dose you'te taking. Seizures are a real possiblity. Maybe you are aware of this? You might want to look into that. I know of at least 6 people who have had grand mal seizures taking doses much lower than what you're are taking.

As for the SNRI's...that is definitely not a good idea until you are off the stuff. You might want to talk to your doc about it. In the meantime, please do some research. Their's lots of info regarding this topic.

I'm almost 4 months sober. This time around I am going to AA. I don't really like going, but I know I have to do something different this time around or I'll go right back to using. I have also found a meditation group I attend twice a week. I thnk it's helping with my anxiety and depression. What I do know is I need outside help...can't do it alone.

Their's lots of options out there...find one or several and stick with it
I really wish you the best. Hang in there thing will slowly improve if you don't pick up.