View Single Post
Old 08-30-2012, 07:05 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Impurrfect

((Can)) - when my mom died I knew logically, that she was gone. I helped plan the funeral, picked out the grave site and casket, etc. There were soooo many times I'd pick up the phone to call her, and then remember she wasn't here any more.

It took me about 6 months until it actually sunk into my brain. I was telling someone "my mom died in June" and it felt like someone had punched me in the stomach. I finally realized she really was gone. Doesn't mean that I still didn't reach for the phone for a while but I truly believe HP only lets us accept things as we are able. To accept the loss of someone we loved so much all at once would just be too overwhelming.

That's my ES&H, but I've found it happens, with varying times, every time I lose a loved one, even when they were in hospice and I KNEW they were going to die. When it happened, it was like my hope for a miracle died I grieved when my uncle was in hospice and failing fast, it still did not prepare me for his death. I don't think we ever can be prepared.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy