Old 08-30-2012, 01:42 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
MesoFreak

Thanks all.

Doggonecarl, don't sound so surprised, if you read other peoples post to my thread they have a similar experience to me. I am not strange for feeling this way, its the truth. I haven't been here that long, but I did notice the only time I think about drinking is when I come here. I am just trying to not think about it like I normally do not think about it. If I get a completely ridiculous urge to drink I will come back and ask for support, whats going on right now is the other way around.

Your right I can't do this on my own, and that's why I told all my friends I am not drinking and I hope they support me in this; they were all supportive. They know how I get when I binge drink, but they will also miss just grabbing a beer with me, and that's okay.

You know how people say to cut friends out of there life that hinder them, right now I feel this is a hindrance because it makes me think about booze when I am just fine without it. Don't take it personal, this is just how I feel about it.

I am a lot stronger than most people think. I used to be an avid facebook user, and finally I just got tired of it. People did not believe I would last long away from facebook because people get addicted to that also, and people thought I was addicted. I haven't been back in a long time, nor do I care how long it has been either. If at some point I feel I need facebook for professional connections I may consider going back, for now I don't need it as I don't need alcohol. My friends may doubt my commitment to this, but I will surprise my doubters, that I am sure of.