View Single Post
Old 08-30-2012, 10:27 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Happier

Sorry to hear that you had less than a good time. I do not think that your experience is anything too uncommon though. I have often times found myself in groups that shared different interests or with some individuals that I simply did not find interesting. They probably felt the same way about me and that's ok. My wife and I never had kids although we've been married for more than 18 years. I can't tell you how many "kid stories" we've heard over the years. Although we are fine with them, we really don't have anything to add and probably can't really relate to them. That's ok!

I think it is a great idea to stay social and meet people just like you are doing. I'm sort of an introvert but know that we are wired for our own good to be social. Most interactions won't bloom into great friendships but a few will. Those few are worth the effort IMO.

Ironically, with the exception of one paragraph, I do not read anything in your post that would make me think this is related to alcohol or addiction. Others may disagree with me and they may be correct. However, I think your story could just as easily been posted on any number of websites. Sounds very "normal" to me.