Old 08-30-2012, 05:30 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
SoloMio

Originally Posted by Kimmieh View Post
I have to stop feeling guilty for asking my partner for help financially. Seriously, it's messed up.
If you learn the way, would you PLEASE pass it along to me?? I am insanely taken advantage of by my AH. I have told him exactly what you have told your AH, that I need to free up my expenses from the $1500 a month of HIS business debt that I'm stuck with (because I so very foolishly cosigned years ago). He has basically abandoned any sense of responsibility for that debt. He'll say, "but I don't have a regular income." Which he doesn't, but neither do I--we are both self-employed. I out-earn him heavily, and I pay ALL the bills in the house, but I have told him repeatedly to make an offer of SOME kind--like giving me half of every check he gets, or a third. Heck, I even told him I'd take 10%, and he "forgets" to give me that, too.

Last week my son asked him how much his business debt was, and AH says, "Don't bring that up in front of your mother! I'm lucky with that." Not sure what he meant, but I think he meant he hit the jackpot marrying a fool who would let him get away with not paying a dime.

Please stick to your guns, so that I can live vicariously through your success!! I am so angry about being married to a deadbeat. In a way, I delude myself with staying with an alcoholic marriage by saying, 'oh, it's a sickness' but when someone who says they love you just dumps $120,000 in your lap and feels they're "lucky" to be able to stick them with it with no accountability on their end, that is a serious character flaw.

But I wonder what my behavior, my flaw, makes me?

Good luck with your move to Canada... I found out about the DUI entrance law myself last week and was equally shocked, but that's a whole other story...