Thread: Back again...
View Single Post
Old 08-29-2012, 08:13 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
ReadyAndAble

Hey, Linz. It's really good to see you back.

You've always struck me as a smart, caring person. Which is why you really owe it to yourself to untangle these two completely different issues. You were in an abusive relationship. It sounds to me like you're still very much affected by the power and manipulation and dependency issues that often come with that. You're taking the blame for ending it, when you should be taking the credit. If anything, you stayed in that relationship so long because you were drinking. Some addicts act like predators. Others act like prey. Pretty obvious where you fall.

You're an addict. Full stop. Relationship status, job, the color of your hair, the weather—none of that matters. You drank when you were together. You're drinking now that you're alone (and safe from him, I should add). That's all the proof you need that loneliness is simply the handiest rationalization your addiction has available. It's tricking you once again, convincing you there are complex reasons for your drinking. You're an addict. That's the only reason you're drinking, Linz.

I am really, really glad you are back here. Believe it or not, you've never been better positioned to succeed. You can totally do this.