View Single Post
Old 08-29-2012, 04:04 PM
  # 71 (permalink)  
HitTheRoadJack

Thank you all for your replies. The police will catch him, and the guy will get what's coming to him. I lived an unhappy and self-destructive lifestyle, I pay the price of that through friendships, relationships and trust that has been lost or damaged. But I now live to redeem myself, and leave that selfish and savage lifestyle behind me - violence is the last refuge of the incompetent.
I believe in my strength, certainly through the hard times. Temptation is easily entertained, but most difficult to ignore. The truth is that, I have no power over alcohol, at all, and I am focusing on recognising that within myself fully. But this is the most important battle of life, and I won't give in. There will be hard days, there will be days when I am tested to the limit, but they are each but a day. I will fight each one, in the moment, in that day. But those days are irrelevant to me, because they are not now. I can face the day with bravery and strength and confidence, because I do not want to be miserable. I don't want to hurt others. I want to channel the Hero in my Soul, and I do that by winning today. When I am in need of inspiration, I only need to think of everything that I've done. Today, I choose to be a better man than the one I left behind almost two weeks ago.

Love to you all. I'll never that first step I took by logging on here and being welcomed by you all. It may not have seemed so at the time, but when I look back, I think it may have been the best day of my life. Thank you all.