View Single Post
Old 08-29-2012, 08:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
jaz06

Insomnia!! Any advice?

Hi Everyone,

First I want to say, being a newcomer, I am already totally in love with this site. I've tried others & never once got a response. Here, so many people are so caring and understanding, going thru their own problems but still wanting to give advice & help me out. For the first time, I actually feel like there's a light at the end of the tunnel, I'm not alone.

I only started 2 days ago...sad enough, I can't call it my 'sobriety' date. But I don't consider myself as failing again. It feels different. Both Mon. & Tues. I had 2 glasses of wine, with ice water before, in between & after...which for me is fabulous!! It was hard, very hard. Found myself pacing at times...& a bit moody. Sorry to my hubby. He actually drinks too. Loves sipping on his scotch at night after work, but seems to have much more control than I. He has the capability of stopping. We don't necessarily enable each other, but it's become quite the habit for us (ummm, am I fooling myself by saying that it's not 'enabling'?). I don't think it's fair for him to have to quit tho, when I'm the one with the problem. Luckily, I hate scotch...so it doesn't seem to bother me when he's drinking & I'm not.

But here's my problem...the last 2 nights have been miserable sleeping! If I've managed to get 3 hours, it would surprise me. And when I am sleeping, I am having crazy, very vivid dreams so that I'm not getting sound sleep. I toss & turn, and am either cold or sweating. It actually scares me to think that my brain seems to be that hooked on this stuff. That cutting down to 2 glasses of wine I'm suffering withdrawals? Wow! I want to cry. How long does this last? Is there anything I can do to help with this? I still feel like I'm in a fog because of the lack of sleep. At least I'm not sick with a hangover.

Looking forward to finding out what I'm actually like with a sober mind.
Thanks again to everyone.