View Single Post
Old 08-28-2012, 10:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
SoLongFarewell

I want to go to Al-Anon...

I checked the website to see that there is a meeting tomorrow in my area and I can go to it because I'm not working. I have never been to one before and thought about in the past but I'm a little scared to go alone. I'm a very shy person, not good at talking about my problems and the thing that worries me the most is how badly I would be judged for talking about a ABF?
I realize that it can be 100x harder when it's a wife, husband or family member that you are talking about but I feel like the moment I mention a...boyfriend that I'm going to get the "talk" that I should just be rid of him for good and run for the hills and cut him loose and so forth... I wish it was that easy, I really wish it was.

I know I mentioned before that he was a AXBF and now I've been referring to him as a ABF because honestly, I don't know where we stand right now. There has been minimal communication between us and my feelings have been a roller coaster from hell.

If anyone has been there to talk about ABF/AGF, is it as bad as I think it will be?

Forgot to mention, there is no Nar-Anon available in my area. It's only in the next major city, which is a little too far for me to drive as I have to be watching my gas. I deemed it to be a little more appropriate for the given situation but I guess I'll have to make-do. After all, hasn't alcohol played SOME to a MAJOR part in any drug abuse?