View Single Post
Old 08-28-2012, 07:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
dyingtoquit

Starting tomorrow...

Ok. So I have been lurking here for quite some time, reading success stories, failures, and success again. So tomorrow starts the first day of my taper. I have been on and off narcotics for pain from intersitual cystitis for 5 years... Usually more on than off. Of course, as my tolerance grew, so did my script. I started taking more than what is was prescribed...I'm sure you all know the story, we've all heard/ been through it. I am a person you'd never suspect as an addict, four beautiful children, wonderful husband, a great job...i function with no indication that I need these drugs to get through the day. My doctor, who doesn't know I have been taking mOre than prescribed, I have asked him to help me taper over a month off of oxycodone. First 4 a day, than 3, than 2, than 1 1/2, than 1, than none. Or at least that's my intention. If I taper off of 10mg oxy's at this rate, will I go through withdrawal at all? Most of my addiction is physical, the thought and the feeling of those WDs I just can't handle. I want so badly to stop, for many many reasons... But mostly cause I want to feel normal again. The pain from the IC is awful, awful pain, but feeling this way, running out of a script and being irritable with my husband and four kids until I get a refill, I'm done with this... Just done. So here I am,asking one question, and for support and love and strength and prayers while I begin this journey. I know I can do it, I pray that I will. Thank you all In advance for your support. I will check back often of cheers and prayers, because I know you all are do great at giving it. Please don't forget about me, I need your help to make it through. Also, please don't forget to let me know if you think I will have WDs at all... I need to know how to prepare... Thanks all!!