View Single Post
Old 08-28-2012, 03:26 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Mygreatdebate

Wink

I loved your title, so I stopped on by. Creative. I know how you feel about the first week! I am on day two of starting over after 9 months of sobriety and let me tell you I experienced the same things you did! Everyone kept telling me how better my skin looked, that I had some sort of "color" that went away. My mind became so clear once I spent 30 days in rehab and cleaning the poison out of my system that I used to think to myself, damn - no wonder life was so hard! I couldn't think clearly with all the alcohol always clouding my mind. So I know just how you feel and WELCOME. I like this place so far. I just joined two weeks ago and I like being here. Stay the course, you will not regret it.

I went to a meeting yesterday, hung over from a Sunday binge, thinking I could have "just a few" after 9 mos. of not drinking. I was crying, I felt like total crap and I was so ashamed. You know what they said to me that stuck with me like glue? They said thank God you made it back. And that is the truth. Some people don't make it back, but God brought me back, and I am GLAD.

I pray and pray and pray He can help me do this. One day at a time, right?

Welcome and keep up those creating, eye catching titles!