View Single Post
Old 08-27-2012, 06:34 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
dragonfire613
Resident Alien

Greetings & welcome to SR! A great first step, and congrats on your desire to be sober! You will find lots of great support here.

I dunno... am I correct in that you mean you were taking 6-10mg/day suboxone before you jumped? Suboxone has a very long half-life (2-3 days). I was down to 1mg/day for several months before I kicked and it was still tough.

Taking opiates (vicodin) to avoid opiate withdrawal is not gonna work. You are prolonging the inevitable. That's how we all ended up in that wicked cycle, right?

My advice would be to talk to your doc office... if she's on vacation for that long there should be someone covering for her. Tell them you want off the subs and they can provide you with an appropriate taper plan.

Otherwise, were it me, I would flush the vics, plan on being down with the flu for a week to 10 days, get to some meetings to meet some people who have done this before face to face, and garner all the support you can.

How bad do you want to be clean? What are you willing to do to achieve that goal? Answer those questions honestly to yourself. Your life hinges on the answers.

Best wishes. I am usually around for support and to offer my opinions, if desired.

40+ days sober off 4 years on suboxone and 10+ years of active opiate addiction before that.