View Single Post
Old 10-23-2004, 10:54 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Frost
Learning To Let It Be

Hi guys, I'm Jonathan and I'm an addict. The pain will pass. It takes a different amount of time for everyone. Once it passes, you're going to start feeling pretty good about being clean. This is what is known as 'a pink cloud.' I strongly suggest you attend meetings, at least 90 meetings in your first 90 days, get a sponsor - a face to face sponsor, not an online sponsor, get phone numbers of people in recovery and use them. Try to get yourselves a committment, a coffee committment is a great way to start. Talk about how you're feeling, the good and the bad. Listen. Learn to listen and listen to learn. You've probably already heard about people, places, and things. We must change our playgrounds, playmates, and playthings if we are to stay clean. Give yourselves every opportunity to succeed. Stick with the winners. Most importantly, don't use, no matter what. If the urge to use gets too strong, reach out, don't try to go it alone. Remember, just don't use today. If today seems too long, just don't use right now. For me, a lot of the beginning stages were about not using minute to minute. Eventualy the minutes grew to hours, the hours grew to a day, and one day at time, I've put together a little clean time. I was someone who never thought I would be living a life without drugs. I was someone who thought I would die an active addict. I was someone who never thought he could know what happiness or acceptane of myself was. I wouldn't trade my best day of using for my worst day in recovery. Just keep coming, it gets better. Like I said, give yourselves every opportunity to succeed. The pink cloud will burst and when it does, you want to have yourselves with a solid foundation of recovery. If I can do it, so can you. Welcome!

'You who are on the road, must have a code that you can live by. And so, become yourself, because the past, is just a good-bye.'

Stepping Through Life...