View Single Post
Old 08-25-2012, 01:17 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
spryte

I have a similar educational experience. Looking back, what I've gathered is that life is life is life. It doesn't start or end at this point in time or that point in time.

How you deal with life while you're in school or not in school is how you deal with LIFE in either case. There are no breaks from life.

I started to develop some really bad ways of dealing with things in my teens and my second university degree. It felt like I had things in little compartments - work hard here, play hard there. School friends, party friends, friends from growing up. My summer life, my school life.

All the little habits and compartments amounted to me basically being an emotional teenager without a good sense of who I was and what I was doing in the world, and all the little compartments eventually caved in and all that was left was the drinking.

A problem in one area of my life, I'm figuring out, is a problem.

I don't mean to sound so doom and gloomy! My situation may not be like yours, but it's the only one I know.

Going back to school can be really fun, there are so many good times. I hope you have a great experience