View Single Post
Old 08-24-2012, 11:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Mizzuno

It all started with the 6 minute mile

I have a co-worker that has driven me into insanity. I lost my cool today.
You know the type of people who know EVERYTHING ? If you've done something well he went and did it a million times better than you. You know the type of person that interrupts you just when you started your sentence? Interrupts every time all the time?
He runs 6 minute miles. I was like " OMG, your like a freakin Olympian. That's so impressive. I can get in 9:30 or 9:45 minute miles. I'll run about 6 of those. Multiple 6 minute miles though? Really impressive"....... This guy is out of shape and its apparent that no one here is running 6 minute miles. I'm not a fast runner but I know a 6 minute mile person when I see one.....The war has begun.
So, I'm micro-managed to no end. I've been in the business for 7+ years. I'm well adjusted and understand what it is that I need to do in my job. I've been at this "new" job for 6 weeks. What I do is the same everywhere. It's different people but they have the same needs. 6 minute mile guy is adamant about micro-managing and basically putting a bad taste in everyone's mouth. While helping a customer today I was supposed to drop what I was doing and help him with another customer. I told him I would he there shortly. I'm not into bad customer service......blah, blah.....to make a long story short I ended up outside with this moron and my boss arguing. Not productive and very stressful. I thought we had resolved it by the end of the day. Right before we are about to go home I tried to make amend with this situation. I approached it with " Next week is a new week and I'm thinking we can start.......immediate interruption he says " I'm paid to deal with personalities and your personality is what it is. As long as you do what I say when I say it we will have no problems.....My boss brought up that this is a personality conflict. He rejected it and said " I have no personality conflict"
He is the ASSistant MANager of a very small outfit. Very small. So, I didn't drink. I was bright red with anger. Bright red. I wanted to light him on fire.
I don't like this person who takes managing to a level that no one needs. All in a health food store. :rotfxko