Old 08-24-2012, 05:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Pigtails

I'm at a happy hour and don't feel very happy.

It's for the 50th bday of my sister's boyfriend's co-worker. I am in town visiting (after my grandma's funeral events, before I fly back on Sunday). I'm staying with them and this was their plan for tonight (the funeral wasn't exactly planned of course so neither was my visit) and so I was expected to come along but I thought about saying no thanks and now I kinda wish I would have. I don't see the point of being around drinking people and not drinking. I talked with my sister quite a bit which was nice, but we could have done that at home! I don't see the point of sitting on my butt all night at a bar (except when I'm drinking). I suppose I could try harder to keep making small talk with people I'll never see again but I'm tired and worn out from the long week and I wish I was at home watching a movie. I can't exactly leave them here and go back to their house (in a different city than we are in right now) alone. So I'm trying to grin and bear it and drink my raspberry iced tea but it's hard. I feel like such a bump on a log. :-/