View Single Post
Old 08-24-2012, 12:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
CentralOhioDad

A Whole New Ballgame

Wow, where do I start? Been a rough week, and have not posted, but have been in turmoil. Thank you all, however, for all your words of wisdom for others, that has helped me.

The Wife told me Monday she wants a divorce, and since she knows that I think she's a crazy drunk, she will stop drinking until the divorce is final.

Seems she 'snooped' my Calendar and email on our PC at home and saw emails that I had with our priest. Of course, she says she never has trusted me, I've made her life miserable, and of course she has to drink in order to live with me. She says she can't go to our church now because she feels ashamed, and a whole litany of other things. I tried to tell her that I was/am scared for her and our family and needed to reach out to someone.

She didn't listen, turned everything around and said that I need to straighten out my life and fix everything that's wrong with me and not worry about her.

Of course I have issues, as we all do. I said we would go to counseling, she said it's too late, I should have done that long ago. If she's so miserable, why didn't she make an appointment herself?

After pilfering my emails, she probably knows about this site, so my posts may not be private anymore.

She hasn't spoken to me much this week, although I have remained calm and we do talk about things related to our son. She moved to the guest room bed and has been sleeping there. I am trying to make an appt. with a counselor who can deal with: marriage issues, AcoA issues (which she has), PTSD (which she has), and alcoholism.

Wish me Luck!