Thread: My Story
View Single Post
Old 08-23-2012, 02:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
GiantGuy68

My Story

I am a 25 year old male. I never drank before I turned 21. I eventually became legal in terms of being able to purchase alcohol and decided to buy my first six pack of beer. From that point on I started to drink regularly. The beer phase did not last long maybe a few months. I purchased my first bottle of 80 proof vodka before my 22nd birthday. I would binge drink on my days off from work. I would go about 10 shots deep. Little by little I seemed to be making reasons to drink even when I was working the next day, such as "oh I start in the after noon i'll be fine". Eventually that turned into binge drinking just about every night. So basically 3 years I have been binge drinking on the regular.

No one knows I am an alcoholic because when I would drink it was usually at night at home. No one, atleast to my knowlege knows how much I did infact drink.

The drinking ruined my last relationship because I would usually feel the urge to end the evening so I could go home and get drunk. She did not know that was the reason. If she did, the relationship would have ended really early on.

I tried quiting a few months ago uncessesfully and relapsed. When I quit I was having the worst headaches and loopyness and I broke down. I would think "I can't wait to get home and have a drink"

Since that failed attempt I reenorlled in school and have quit drinking. I no longer feel the urge to drink, atleast not to the degree where I would break down like last time.

Alcohol has done nothing positive for me. So basically I'm still a recoverying alcoholic.