View Single Post
Old 08-23-2012, 06:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
fourmaggie
I AM CANADIAN

u brought something up in me.

before my husband died, we bought the house he grew up in...i was pregnant with my son...the house NEEDED alot of TLC due to my in laws active alcoholism...he died suddenly 10 mths of owing the house..(yes and son was 10 mths old at the time). I LOVED THIS HOUSE...i knew what we wanted to do to it to make it "ours"...i moved in with my parents (for 1 year, found out i was pregnant again...) Mom and i where talking about hubbys life insurance...i said that house needed alot of work and i wanted to take the opportunity to FIX it up....I never went to my dad, my dad would have 'stopped' me....my mom said "you can do anything, anything you want, its your life"...with that, i took a slug hammer to the walls...OOPS...now what? my dad FREAKED on me...said i did not know what i was doing....HOW DOES HE KNOW WHAT I CAN DO AND NOT DO? my dads FEAR/CONTROL would have stopped me....BUT I knew me better than that

Today...i walk through my newly renovated home with my children and look around and think to myself I DID THIS with my own hands and with alot of guidance with the TRADESMAN that helped me finding the knowledge of gettting it done....

with the strength of my HP and the support of my late husband( he knew what my strengths where) and my mom...i did it...

self doubt and FEAR are something i never think about...i just DO! lol, and if i make a mistake...well heck, i am only human!!