View Single Post
Old 08-23-2012, 04:45 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Adventure

Hi Amber

Originally Posted by Amber23 View Post
After 3 ER visits for withdrawals I am worried about not having the facts.
I’m struggling to understand why you feel all of this is your responsibility. The advice you have received here is spot on. Surely after 3 ER visits you know by now that self-detox is not the way to go for your AH. You cannot help him, no matter how much you want to. It is not your place to do it, and he is putting himself more in danger by insisting on going this route. I will admit I’ve never had to go through this with my AH, but it sounds like a very scary and dangerous thing to go through, that only proper medical professionals should be dealing with.

I know I need to speak with a dr, but AH doesn't have one yet.
Again, not your responsibility, not your problem. Your AH knows exactly what he should be doing, he’s just choosing not to do it.

He won't go to a detox center....
Your AH is an adult and he is CHOOSING not to go to a proper detox facility. This is selfish manipulation, he is intentionally resting this huge responsibility on your shoulders, because he knows he can.

I know I should draw a boundary if not comfortable
This sounds like a great plan to me. Even if someone did come back to say this medication or that medication might help do you really think you’ll be comfortable with this? Hypatia’s sharing is worth thinking about. Allow him to make his own decisions, get his own information, etc. but if he goes ahead with the home detox, run for the hills until it’s over. You do not deserve to go through this again – you are worth more than this – and if your AH can’t accept that, that’s his problem.

Please, please, please look after you. What are you doing for your own detox now?

Adventure x