View Single Post
Old 08-22-2012, 08:47 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
lizatola

Examples of boundaries(in writing)

Sorry about posting a lot lately everyone, I'm just really working through things lately and stuff keeps coming up.
I read a lot about what a boundary is but I have trouble verbalizing it or writing it out. Can some of you please share what your boundaries look like when written out. For example, I know I don't want to live with my AH if continues to drink but I can't figure out how to write that down to where it sounds like a boundary that he'll understand or that I can communicate to him properly.

Or, when a friend of mine continually tells me how to raise my son. She hates the fact that I let him sit in the front seat. Umm, he's almost 14 and nearly as tall as me. Instead of saying anything to her I just sit there and shrug my shoulders and escape as quick as I can from her barrage of stories about kids who are disfigured by airbags going off. I'm about ready to pull news articles for her about ADULTS who are disfigured from airbags. In effect, I get resentful instead of setting a boundary.