View Single Post
Old 10-22-2004, 07:58 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
gelfling
Searching and tripping

Looks like Gelfling, smells like Gelfling....IT IS GELFLING!!!--"Augra"...Yeppers, it was the Dark Crystal. My sons' favorite movie and he's a 24 year old recovering alcoholic.

You sound great today. There will be ups and downs. No doubt about that. But, as time goes on, the good will outweigh the bad. Promise!!!

As to being an oldtimer...darn, I'm only 53. Is that old? Well, the body says so, but the mind is still running in overdrive.

So many of us have been where you are and we've gotten through it all. I only wish that when my husband went to rehab 17 years ago, there were such things as home computers, internet and awesomely wonderful forums like this. I never did the meetings. Neither did my son. But that was my fault. We were told we were doing very well for living with a raging drunk. So, I took it as we didn't need to attend meetings. WRONG

It wasn't until the beginning of this year that I started working my program. Because our son told us he was fighting the disease. I knew I could never live through another episode of the hell and pain, so I started going to meetings and forums. They've given me hope, faith and trust in myself, my son and of course, God.

Basically, I lost 17 years being totally ignorant to what was out there to help me heal. You could say I'm an oldtimer with the alcoholic, but basically a newbie to a recovery program that has changed my life and made living good again.

We're here for you. I've never seen so many words of wisdom as I have from the folks who have posted in response to yours. I wish I had found this site months ago. But like they say, "In God's time".

Grace and Blessings, Kathy