View Single Post
Old 08-22-2012, 05:57 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
SuzyMarie

I am the sibling of an addicted sister...heroin I am still in shock over everything. I came here due to a boyfriend who is an addict and since then found out about my sis. I honestly have not processed it. She keeps it hidden from the family to a point. My mom, other sis and I are the only ones who know. My sister is the sweetest, kindest, most compassionate soul and it breaks my heart what is going on with her. She is starting to develop other health issues as well. She is on her own and has a son with high functioning autism. She was always such a good mom to him, so patient and loving, but I can see where that relationship, as well as others, is becoming affected. I am at a loss. I try to let her know frequently that I love her and would be supportive if she chooses recovery. After dealing with an addicted BF on and off for the last 7 years, I have learned it is beyond my control. Maybe it sounds strange, but I have to say that all of this happening with my sister has made me more empathetic to my ex and to not take it personally. I know what a beautiful soul my sister is and some of the things she has done to fuel her addiction are NOT the behaviors of the girl I know and love. She is in there somewhere, only the "beast" is stronger. I am sorry, but I do not believe her or my ex choose addiction. It is heartbreaking is all I can say.