View Single Post
Old 08-21-2012, 12:01 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
BlueSkies1

Originally Posted by FireSprite View Post
My views have been/will always be skewed by my experiences. I don't have that point in my life that I can reference & say, "See? Here's where normal changed for the worse..."

But that's not necessarily all bad! If I can use those experiences to increase my awareness & ultimately become the best person that I can be, then build on & pass that awareness on so that the cycle breaks here with me & doesn't spread to DD as traumatically then ... HA, HA I WIN!
I like that FireSprite, because although my father rarely ever drank, he sure had a temper, and I am learning to leave that familiar trait with the dust in the photo albums...takes work though.

Originally Posted by FredG View Post
I most certainly don't want to become a normie.

I wasn't one when I was born at 11 pounds 4 oz. Never became one in school cause I was considered a nerd and quite often used as the school flag. Became a drugged up, drunk hippie in my early teens, then the military in my late teens. Became proficient in killing, morse code, drinking and drugs. Graduated to alcoholism in my early 20's (if I wasn't already from birth) and finally grew up to adult-hood when I was pushing 30.

Besides who exactly is it that decides what's normal and what's not?
I could rephrase to say "return to my personal normie". That would be more accurate. Though your response makes me wonder if you find disdain in being a normie?

Originally Posted by owathu View Post
Seriously, I was just twirling my hair in my fingers when I read that.
haha owathu...I know women suffer from this more than men if for no other reason than that their hair usually isn't long enough to discover this ocd behavior!