View Single Post
Old 08-21-2012, 11:57 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Spes

Originally Posted by Tuffgirl View Post
I won't ever again be a "normie", but I will forever be far more cautious with relationships as well as compassionate for others who struggle with addictions. I won't let my experiences define me, but I will learn from them and do my best not to make the same mistakes again. I won't beat myself up over my bad judgement calls, and I will fight my inner gremlins with a hefty dose of gratitude instead.

And in all honesty, I don't regret my life experiences so far; they have made me a better person in spite of it all.
Thanks Tuffgirl, I needed that today. Every once in a while I find myself wondering how my life would have been had I not made my choices many years ago that has brought me to where I am today. Then the next thought is what I can do, or should do, to be able to undo those choices in order to walk a different path. It really is a case of innocence lost.

But Tuffgirl, you are exactly right because I can't change the past and your last line is precisely what I can do, and I should do, for myself today: And in all honesty, I don't regret my life experiences so far; they have made me a better person in spite of it all

Sometimes that is all I need to feel "normal" again.....a different perspective from another who shares the same path. Thank you for helping me.