View Single Post
Old 08-20-2012, 07:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Chris1000101
Lot Of Love Out There, Man.

Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Occasionally I’ll remember something just so I can have the satisfaction in later saying, “I did it my way and I was right”. That attitude has not worked for me yet but for some reason I don’t want to let go of it. Anyway . . .

I have friends in several fellowships and one today got a job but needed a ride to the DMV for a new ID. She then asked me to attend an open meeting because many there would be happy to see me. I went and a younger lady opened up that she didn’t care anymore. She mentioned living in a recovery house, wanted her child back, so on and so on, and she didn’t see any benefit to staying sober.

I thought to myself . . . Well gee, I’ll be moving next week, I’ll have some room, and what else can I help with . . . Before I could finish my thought one of the female old times fired up, “Poor baby not getting what she wants, boo hoo”. I would have no problem saying that to another male but it’s a woman lets be nice about it . . . and then it hit me. Something came back to haunt me . . .

Originally Posted by EnglishGarden View Post
The hard-wired impulse of a man to rescue a woman helps keep female alcoholics drunk and progressing in their disease because they know there's a man with a safety net hovering beneath them.
Okay, there is no hole deep enough for me to crawl in right now. I am so thankful I kept my mouth shut but I cannot believe I had those thoughts of wanting to rescue. It is a disease that will kill them all, male and female, why would I even consider sugar coating for one and not the other. They all need a kick in the rear it’s the only thing they pay attention to. I’m glad today I recognized it, kept quiet and know that I chose to live a healthier lifestyle.