View Single Post
Old 10-22-2004, 02:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
BeckyH

Hello! New to board

Hi, as you can see my name is Becky. My husband has been sober for 15 months. He is doing great and goes to AA regularly. He helps newly recovering alcoholics and is a great person. We have 2 children, ages 6 yrs and 7 months. He is active duty Air Force and loves it. We have been married for 10 years by the grace of God. Well, I think that is about it for cold, hard facts, lol.

Anyway, things have been going good. He is a much better person than he was before he even began drinking. For that I am thankful. I am a better person for all that I endured too. My only problem is that I still have problems dealing with his normal bad moods. They make me feel like something bad is going to happen all the time. Bad moods precipitated his drinking before quiting. I know I should be in an Al-Anon group but cannot find one that does not leave me crying or feeling like I have fallen into a bottomless pit of despair. I guess I am looking for advice as to how others have dealt with this predicament. I hope it is normal and someone can help me out. I feel lost and alone most of the time.