View Single Post
Old 08-20-2012, 11:08 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
24hrsatatime

albeitslowly, I also meant to say in my post that what you're experiencing may not be PAWS at all. It may simply be the awakening of emotions and feelings you have numbed for a long time. While it may be a type of PAWS, it is very common for people to begin to feel anxiety, depression, and all of the other symptoms you mentioned as our brains begin to reawaken. Chances are that a lot of these things are the things that led you to use in the first place, as most of us use to self medicate for things that we can't handle along with pain. Whether it's PAWS or simply your emotions reappearing, the support that I mentioned above will help. I also wanted to say that your drug use could have masked legitimate mental illnesses as well so you may want to consider having a mental health evaluation just to be on the safe side, and as always be sure to share these symptoms with your treatment provider as they can direct you to resources in your community to help with mental health and other issues. There is also some good activities regarding improving interpersonal relationships, dealing with emotions in healthy ways, and developing coping skills at suboxone.com. The site has a program for suboxone patients called HereToHelp and it really does have some good information to help you in your recovery.