View Single Post
Old 08-17-2012, 04:07 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
onlythetruth
Member of SMART Recovery

Originally Posted by Pigtails View Post
Congrats! I'd like to try a SMART meeting but I don't know where any are! I'm glad you went and had a good time. Best wishes in your sobriety. It DOES feel like a full-time job and sometimes that's one of the hardest parts for me. I'm trying to keep things simple and not get so caught up in trying to "cure" every little issue I think I have with myself, all at once, but rather just ease up a little on myself and on life. Easier said than done though, I know!
Pigtails, a list of meetings is available on the SMART Recovery website: Self Help Substance Abuse &amp Addiction Recovery | SMART RecoveryŽ

In addition to face to face meetings, there are at least two online meetings every day. Some are text, some voice chat. There is also an active forum, and a 24/7 chatroom.

SMART is available to everyone with a computer, which means everyone who can access this forum can access SMART!

As far as recovery being a full time job...it is, but only at the beginning. Eventually, it becomes a natural thing, at least it did for me and pretty much everyone I know who has been away from their addiction for a chunk of time. Think of it this way: if it was ALWAYS as hard as it is at the beginning, we'd all give up because there would be nothing to gain. But there is so much to gain, and the tough part at the beginning is absolutely worth it.