View Single Post
Old 08-17-2012, 12:03 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Kiana

Thanks for your post!

At some point I realized that I had been allowing fear to control me and had been making decisions based on fears. I knew then that my own work for overcoming fears was cut out for me.

Originally Posted by Tuffgirl View Post
Her three A's invalidate a marriage contract and any promises made therein, according to her books.
A pastor told me basically the same thing way back before I divorced my x. During a joint marriage counseling session with a loving, wise pastor...and after having been trying to make sense of the senseless and being very confused as to why, like everyone else said I should, I couldn't just adapt and do and love more to accept the x's faults...the pastor said that what we had was not a marriage in any sense of the word and that nobody should be expected to stay in such a union nor tolerate less than being loved and respected, and that my husband was not a husband since husbands love their wives and give of themselves to her as Christ gave of himself.

One of the fears I had was about being a Christian and divorce. I hadn't understood the actual biblical view of marriage and divorce but that pastor cleared up a lot of things for me with scriptures and my further study of the scriptures corrected so much of the error I had previously believed. That was a big chunk of one fear gone!