View Single Post
Old 08-16-2012, 01:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
MamaKit

With the calm comes doubt

It's been about 6 weeks since my AH threatened my life after we had a discussion about divorce. The Dist. Atty decided not to prosecute. I currently have a TRO. No contact has been easy because of his bail conditions first and the TRO now.
I've been doing what I need to do for me. Getting a new place, new phone, etc...
For some reason, maybe it's my body relaxing because I'm not subjected to his verbal abuse and always wondering whether he's drunk, I'm beginning to question myself. Asking myself, was it really that bad? He never hit me so, did I overreact when I called the police? (Mind you, he'd smashed things all over the house, dented door knobs, the kitchen sink, walls - and I've never EVER seen him that angry).

Is this normal? Or should I be listening to those nagging questions.
I also heard today that he has been in some sort of treatment program where he goes to a group meeting a couple of hours a day and is taking some medicine that makes you sick if you drink.
I also hate to argue, fight, engage in conflict - so I may be ready to jump on any thing that may allow for peaceful communication with him.
Ughhhh.
I need to re-read the thread about "if you didn't have a good marriage you won't have a good divorce."

I'm fairly new to this since the incident only happened at the end of June. Advice please!

thanks all
MamaKit