Thread: Insomnia
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2004, 02:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
sickk&tired

Insomnia

Hi-

Its 3am and I can't sleep. I conked out at 11pm thanks to some sleeping pills prescribed by my doctor (trazondone....part anti depressant, part pill) but inexplicably woke up at 2am for no good reason. I lay there for an hour trying to will myself back to sleep; obviously it didn't work.

So here I am; because if I don't do something I'm going to a) go nuts, and b) take more than the prescribed Rx; which I don't want to do. The last thing i need is to trade in one addiction for another.

Has anyone else experienced random insomnia 2 months into sobriety? This blows. I have to get up for work in a few hours, and i KNOW i'm going to be exhausted. But the evil cycle is that I stress out about not getting enough sleep, and then I lay there trying to sleep, getting more and more stressed out that I can't do it. ANd all the things i worry about during the day (relationships, my health, work, etc) also keep me wide awake.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH H! This sucks so much. THanks for listening.