Thread: Why Suboxone?
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2012, 10:55 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
chrisinphx

Why Suboxone?

Why suboxone vs just tapering my doc? Well for me personaly there were multiple reasons. I had done all the reading and understood the negatives that came along with suboxone treatment. First and foremost having a lot of prior experience with recovery I understood that just not taking the doc was not my ultimate goal. My ultimate goal was to find a way to have hope again and to find joy in life and people without the help of my doc. I knew that this would be and is till currently a very long road and would require a lot of work. My first step was to start totally fresh with everyone in my life and with myself and a clean slate meant no more dishonest or negative behaivors so scoring dope or pills even from a doctor when i knew i was abusing them would have only tainted my rebirth. Another issue and step i had to adress was a physical one. Unlike a lot of junkies ( i use that as a term of affection and i use it to describe myself as well) I was very overweight and out of shape I had gotten up to 300lbs. My eating and lack of excersize in my opinion was just another addiction and another negative behavior that needed to be addressed in order to truley change my way of thinking and my life. Going through withdrawals and the depression that comes with while being so unhappy with myself already was a failure waiting to happen. I realize now that i could go on forever listing the reasons and giving examples of why I chose suboxone vs. tapering my doc. I guess what I have sould have said was simply that suboxone has given me the time to prepare myself physicaly, emotionaly and mentaly to the best of my ability for the jump off. I feel this will give me my best chance at success. BTW today my morning dose was less than .25 and i weighed in at 185lbs. Good luck on your personal journey all.