Thread: Alanon Sponsors
View Single Post
Old 08-16-2012, 06:27 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
JrsJourney

Thank you all so much! I think this is my HP's way of saying (to me) that I really need to think about getting a sponsor too. This Alnon friend who asked me this joined the program just after me - her sponsor has been unavailable for whatever reason so she is going to ask another from our group to act as temporary sponsor or fill in sponsor until things work themselves out. I basically asked a few of the ladies I talk to for their numbers that I feel comfortable talking to - I've never asked anyone to sponsor me. I don't know why I have such a fear here. I need to think about this today and get past my fears (judging and expectations of me - ACoA stuff) and bite the bullet and ask someone. I mean really it's for MY benefit right? I think I'm putting this out there for a reason and I have to look at this. Why am I over thinking this and getting anxiety about this when a sponsor should be looked at as a person that helps? It's almost like I feel like I am making a commitment to someone and I won't measure up. Ugh. Well anyways, thank you for letting me get that out of my system. I need to just grow up and do it. Thanks for listening.

PS: In person I look as if I am a very strong and capable person and totally have my stuff together. I think people assume I have a sponsor. But in reality I read a lot and investigate things on my own and have not looked to someone for support other than you all here lately.