Thread: Alanon Sponsors
View Single Post
Old 08-15-2012, 07:38 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
DefofLov
Survivor

I have one sponsor. I had to switch sponsors recently. My first sponsor is wrapped up in personal issues and is not attending meetings right now.

So, I asked someone who is more available and active in the program to be my sponsor and I am so glad that I did. I made sure I left my former sponsor know what was going on and she was supportive in my decision to ask someone else to be my sponsor.

For me personally, I think it is more healthy to keep one sponsor or at least talk to the current sponsor about having multiple sponsors. In addition, I would bring it up at a meeting. As a fairly new Alanoid, I don't really know the ropes yet. So, I would bring it up as a topic in a meeting.

One time I asked for encouragement to use the phone list. I asked for a new list and I asked for ESH about the phone list. Anytime there is something about the program that I do not understand, I ask questions. I bring it up as a topic. It is helpful to other newcomers and it reminds the old timers about how our program works.

Love and Light,

Lily